Taking Chances

And we're back! I'm hopefully going to be clearing this place up a bit in the next few weeks. Most importantly: I will now maintain one-quote-a-day unless it kills me. Then I'll change to one quote every two days. I hope you'll enjoy Things People Said, back from the dead, as much as I like collecting quotes. And to kick things off, one of my favourite writers:

"In order to be a writer", he continues, "one must take chances and not be afraid to look foolish. I wrote The Razor's Edge while wearing a paper hat. In the first draft of Rain, Sadie Thompson was a parrot. We grope. We take risks. All I had when I began Of Human Bondage was the conjugation 'and'. I knew a story with 'and' in it could be delightful. Gradually the rest took shape."

-- Woody Allen, Side Effects

[ 11 June 2005 9:48 pm submitted by Unknown ]