Isn't Simply A Test

House (talking about himself and visions he had)
The patient was technically dead for over a minute....
Wilson (from the back of the classroom)
Do you think he was dead? Do you think those experiences were real?
House
Define real. They were real experiences. What they meant, personally, I choose to believe that the white light people sometimes see, visions, this patient saw: they're all just chemical reactions that take place when the brain shuts down.
Foreman
You choose to believe that?
House
There's no conclusive science. My choice has no practical relevance to my life, I choose the outcome I find more comforting.
Cameron
You find it more comforting to believe that this is it?
House
I find it more comforting to believe that this isn't simply a test.
-- From the TV series, "House"

[ 08 August 2006 3:54 pm submitted by Unknown ]